2. "Well, there is our Donovan. Three children and not one marriage. Oh, I do not say that he's the first man to put the cart before the horse, but three carts and no horse? Huh?" Cesar Romero to Elizabeth Allen in Donovan's Reef. Screenplay be James Edward Grant and Frank S. Nugent.
3. J: "Señor, the widow Gomez has delivered a son this morning - a boy."
M: "Bully for the widow Gomez!"
J: "But señor, it has been more than a year ago since Señor Antonio Gomez has been buried in the church house."
M: "Well, there are some men you just can't trust to stay where you put 'em." Jimmy Stewart in Two Rode Together, screenplay be Frank S. Nugent
4. "There is a Foreign Legion of women, too." Marlene Dietrich in Morocco, screenplay by Jules Furthman based on the play by Benno Vigny.
5. L: "The morning review compared you to a young Mozart."
S: "I was, very young. There was that much resemblance." Joan Fontaine and Louis Jourdan in Letter From An Unknown Woman, screenplay by Howard Koch and Max Ophüls.
8. "Giulia is like Oscar Wilde; give her the superfluous and she will do without the essential." James Addams in L'Avventura. Screenplay by Michelangelo Antonioni.
10. "Listen Delly, I know it doesn't make much sense when you're sixteen. Don't worry. When you get to be forty, it isn't any better." Gene Hackman to a teenage Melanie Griffith in Night Moves. Screenplay by Alan Sharp.